Spending a (Happy Birth)Day at the Prague Zoo
Took my first vacation day today. The Parker family went the Prague Zoo. As expected, Ella was pretty amazed at the animals. The zoo is pretty interactive, so it's full of stuff she'll enjoy more in later years. For now, her top moments were feeding sheep, or watching Dad feed sheep for her (sheep got some pretty sharp teeth, you know).
For any who don't know the story, I'll retell it here. May was eight months pregnant when I was out of town (on business), out in Las Vegas. Eric and I were at Yolies, the best Brazilian Steakhouse in town, and I had my phone on 'silent'. Not until after paying for the bill, did we notice the up-teen missed calls and voicemails from Michelle and May. By the time I had called, Jeff & Michelle had May at the hospital, water broken and 'ready'. A half second later, I was near useless and Eric took over. Eric drove us to my hotel to pack up, then straight to McCarran airport. Obviously the red-eye flight took forever, but I'm sure May & Michelle were more anxious, waiting for me. Rich Z picked me up at Logan and we went straight to the hospital (obviously). Ninety minutes later, we were parents. Give or take 10 minutes, that was exactly 1 year ago. So today to celebrate, we went to the zoo. :)
Here are a couple pics of our future zoologist...

26 July 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment