Today will no doubt go down in my personal history as the day I learned the most about 1960's British rock. I decided to join my Induction course instructor for a beer. Turns out my British instructor, now in his 60's, was a die-hard groupie of blues bands from the east side of London. He and a few other Brits that later joined us filled me in on how they used to enjoy watching the Yardbirds before they got big. The Yardbirds, as I learned, included some folks before they got their "break"...Eric Clapton, Jeff Beck and Jimmy Page. Page, once he became leader of his new group, then recruited John Bonham and Robert Plant, into what later became Led Zeppelin. The Czech beer and tales of 1960's concerts flowed equally fast. After several 1/2 liters of Gambrinus, I'm very ready for bed...but not before passing by the I-net cafe and updating this. It's only 9:15 and I'm exhausted yet again.
G'night.
11 July 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment