Hello World! Well...OUR world, anyway...
Ella is taking a nap and so I thought I would send out a quick "AHOJ"! I am missing Jenn & Courtney. We were so lucky to have visitors, and such AWESOME visitors, so early in our time here. For those who don't know, Jenn & Courtney had already planned a vacation in Germany when I let them know about our move. Since Germany is right next door they decided to come and visit us. It was a short visit...arriving Monday afternoon and leaving Wednesday afternoon...but we loved and appreciated every second.
For some more background, Jenn and I have been friends for TWO DECADES now...WOWSAHS! They currently live in Alberta so getting in visits is tough. This was their first time meeting Ella. How cool that it was in Prague?!? Unfortunately, their very first impression of Ella was probably not stellar. It was a bit of a trek to the airport and back and on top of that she is getting molars AND I dragged her out to get a metro pass and groceries in the morning. Needless to say she was a bit of a wreck. But she showed her true, easy-going self the following day when we did a 6 hour walk around Prague. (Same day as "Big Leap of Parenthood" blog.)
I may not be up for the "Most Knowledgeable Tour Guide" award, but these two saw ALOT of Prague in one day. I just couldn't tell them what any of it was. Jenn has actually been emailing ME info about what we looked at! I'll attach some photos of their visit. (Jenn/Court - hope ya don't mind being broadcast on the web...)
OK...starting off with not a great photo of anyone here, but it does show that we "started" at the National Museum at the top of Wenceslas Square. Actually, we had left our Mánesova Street place and walked past Náměstí Míru before getting to this point.
Jenn and I eating apples in Old Town Square (Staré Město) after missing the Astronomical Clock striking the hour, AGAIN! (Ella is sleeping.)
The "Original Prague Syncopated Orchestra" playing on the Charles Bridge, a.k.a. Karlův Most. Jeff and I had appreciated their music on an earlier stroll...jazz from the 1920s. Courtney bought both our households a CD and had them autographed! YAY!
Jenn and Courtney with St. Vitus's Cathedral (Katedrála sv. Vita), located within the castle walls, in the background.
Jenn and Ella doing the sign for "dog" (panting). There are lots of dogs in Prague and Letná Park is no exception. No matter how many she sees, Ella is always excited! And apparently Jenn is, too!
We saw the Astronomical Clock strike 10pm! Our attempt to document the moment for prosperity....
I think I hear Ella...
Love,
May
04 August 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment