21 October 2006

Home Sweet Home & the Sweet Smell of Maple Syrup

Huge Thanks and a Sad Goodbye to Grammy. Though we made the most we could of every day, in the end the 3 weeks seemed to fly by. Grammy flew back to the US Midwest last Thursday.

This weekend was catch up on some housework, some cooking, and preparing for a one-day trip to Munich tomorrow. Yup, we're making a long awaited run to the Czech Embassy in Munich to pick up our long-term residency visas, approved after the obligatory 3-4 months of processing. Now, we're official but as it's only good for a year at a time, it's still short of having "permanent residency" as in the US.
Chantal!!! - thank you!!!

We got absolutely spoiled with a carepackage from Vermont, complete with hot cocoa, pancake mix, maple-flavored popcorn and a variety of maple syrups. Incredible. Words cannot describe May's reaction to seeing the maple syrups...so, I'll just slip in this small, but candid video.

Chantal may not realize this, but we even enjoyed just reading the Vermont newspapers she used to wrap up things! Thank you Chantal...we're sipping hot cocoa as we type this. :) May doing her best "Gollum" impression...



Last, but far from least, our Las Vegas buddy Eric just returned from a 2-week stay in Korea and has an incredible suite of pictures to show for it. All who were at our wedding will recall Eric as our Master of Ceremonies, the one with stunning good looks and irresistible charm. Eric visited mutual friends, Kit & Tom. I dare say Eric accomplished as much in 2 weeks as May and I did during our year there. His website makes browsing pictures very easy. Don't forget the blog, too!

2 comments:

bbkmpt said...

Terrific time talking today kids. Loved this last blog entry too.I've checked out the info that you sent while we were taling. The last Budvar description is a fine example of just how difficult English is to master too.So I expect that Czech too will become just another language for you two to master too.

IndianaParkers said...

One question..did you get that little fruit fly at the beginning?
Well, I have played it about 5 times and laughing each time even though I know what is coming! Just in time for Halloween!
Love to all!