HAPPY THANKSGIVING! (all ye Americans)
A number of people have been asking us if and how we celebrate the holidays. We were lucky enough to celebrate Thanksgiving today. We're just getting home, actually. Ella just went to bed. (Late!) Our friends, Lucie and Jeremy and Alice, had us over for an AMAZING turkey dinner, complete with dressing, sweet potatoes, cranberry sauce, and pumpkin pie. YUM YUM! We also got to meet Petr, Sue, Mia, and Zoe. The girls were great! We were all kind of waiting for the major meltdown, but it never really happened. So, no one got the day off (Jeremy took the day off to cook!) but we did celebrate as we would back home....eating turkey, drinking wine and beer, talking, and playing with the kids...and taking some time to be thankful for all that we have. There is just so much to be thankful for...including a football-free Thanksgiving!
We hope everyone back home is stuffed full of stuffing!
Maylia
PS I'm off to London to meet up with Michelle, "Ma Belle", tomorrow. One word: "WOOHOO!!!!!!!!" (Jeff will be with Ella for the weekend.)
23 November 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
.. as the husbands sat at home, the wives surely tore up London. Jeff, want to meet in Budapest and watch a football match?
Jeff,
Like M did for May, give me a week heads up before you go leaving for Budapest.
I'm not a huge soccer fan, but I hear I'd like the gulash there. :)
-jeff
Oh, a week's notice... I'm there now!
Post a Comment