TO JE MASOPUST! It is Carnivale!
Prague has been celebrating Masopust this week. (PLEASE check out this link. It really is very interesting and describes this celebration much better than I can.) Today the moms and kids joined in by attending the pre-parade festivities at our local square (Náměstí Jiřího z Poděbrad). I say "pre-parade" as we didn't actually make it to the parade. The kids had all wandered off to a nearby sandbox by the time it got underway.
But, it was still fun to see the different costumes and listen to the bands.
The weather this weekend was amazing! I don't mean to rub this in to those who are being snowed upon...but it was in the 50s F/10+C and sunny. Blue skies and typical Prague architecture...this is just someone's apartment!
We had a "Meet the Dads" party at the family center on Saturday. Neat! Here Roman (Sasha's dad) is being surrounded by Patricie, Dylan, and Sasha!
And visited a new little park on Sunday. Ella enjoys feeding others as much as she enjoys feeding herself!
Time to study Czech!
Maylia
20 February 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment