20 March 2007

she's Back, She's Back, SHE's Back!

Over the weekend, friends Armand & Sean left Prague, while Maylia and Ella returned.
This ends my 3 days of bachelor life and I'm back to family life.
This is a good thing, really...having Arm and Sean here for a few days, especially St. Patty's Day, was a lot of fun, but I can only handle so much Czech beer, sleeping in late and so little responsibility.
May's back and it's nice to share life with my best friend again.
Ella's back and it's nice to have every day different from the last.
But another woman joined our family over the weekend. A woman I had written off long ago to save my marriage. And even though Eric out in Vegas has gifted me this 'woman', she ended up sold at our last yard sale when leaving the US.
Confused yet?

What I didn't know is that, at that yard sale, Michelle and Jeff K bought her. That allowed Jeff K to mail her back. Here are pictures of all 3 women since last weekend.
May's back!

Ella's back (trying out this year's Halloween costume)

...and the woman of honor is back.
The beautiful coconut lady ("that ugly piece of %&$" to others).

As Eric knows & practices, nothing says respect & admiration like a place on the top shelf. (so, what's with the painting?)
Isn't she beautiful?
Thankfully, I'm the one who does the dusting, so there should be no "accidents" during chores.

Thank you again Eric for her in the first place. Thank you Jeff & Michelle for reuniting us.
p.s. Interestingly enough, I kept the original 0.50 price tag on her head. But I noticed Jeff insured for a full $1.00. Nice! I can't even utter the postage Jeff spent to ship her ...that's respect and admiration!
-Jeff

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so happy that you four are reunited, not to dismiss the significance of that ugly pices of s*%@ no longer being in our house.

Sorry May.

ekorte said...

what...? you sold the coconut hula girl at a yard sale. ugh, my heart stopped beating when I read that...I...I'm speachless.

...please don't tell me that the disembodied pirate head and the Gorton's fisherman met the same cruel fate. (I'm closing my eyes and I'm going to my happy place)

Unknown said...

Eric,

You can take some solace. Maybe the pirates head is next...

Jeff said...

Eric,
Aside from Jeff K's consoling words, you should know the fate of my other most prized possessions...

African mask - yard sale (not that prized)
Pirate head - ?, Jeff K's comment threw me
The "Randy Quaid special" white patent leather shoes - saved, in Nova Scotia
Groton fisherman - saved, in Nova Scotia
W.C. Fields statue - (obviously) saved, in Nova Scotia

The Christmas Vacation shoes are missed here. I'll be pulling those out of storage on our first visit home. :)

Still hard to believe we are reunited with the coconut lady...it starts our day off right. Mornings now begin with Ella pointing up to the bookshelf, saying "Waaaaooooww!"
That's my girl.

-jeff