08 May 2007

Planes, Trains, and Automobiles
(plus a bus for good measure!)


One hour on a subway train, one hour on a bus, four hours flying, and seven hours in a car (plus some extra hours spent at the airport) will get you from Prague, Czech Republic to Falmouth, Cornwall, UK and back again. A difficult journey for most adults to undertake over only a 48 hour period including the main event - a wedding! We had fears of how Ella would handle it...she was amazing! She slept on the plane and sang in the car. We were so grateful and felt very lucky! We also felt lucky to have two natives to drive us from Bristol, where we landed, to Falmouth, where the wedding took place (Eddie from Britain and Caroline from Scotland). We got to sit back and relax while they did all the navigating...and we didn't have to worry about driving on the other side of the road. Whew!

It was well worth the trip! Ali and Paul got married at Pendennis Castle. It was a beautiful ceremony in a magical setting. I don't know that there was a dry eye in the house.


Ella was very happy to see Dylan, and the "Wee Man" looked stunning in his suit.
We got to enjoy icecream cones as we strolled along the beach to the reception, which was held at St. Micheal's Hotel.
Good food, good drink, good music, and good company made for a great party!
Ella actually slept through most of the dancing...which allowed Jeff and I to have some boogie time! We stayed at the Engleton House B&B and I thoroughly enjoyed their full English breakfast. A welcome break from our typical cornflakes and granola! (Yaya and Baboo know what I'm talking about!)

Jeff took Monday off as a family day and today was a holiday here in the Czech Republic. Today Ella and I finally got to see his desk at work. He had to get a few things for his trip to Brussels.
We also got Ella her first "bike". She loves it! But it's going to take some practice before she's ready to ride outside. Or before I'm patient enough for her to ride outside, I should say. It took us about half an hour to go the 50 yards to exit the mall.


Slowly getting back into the swing of things...
Maylia

P.S. In other exciting news, we recently found out that my sister, Erin, has booked a trip for October...my friend, JoAnne, has booked a trip for June...and Jeff's folks are planning to come in September! WOOHOO!

2 comments:

Jeff K said...

Welcome back. I am guessing bike helmets are not the law in Prague.

IndianaParkers said...

We love Ella's Harley....be thankful she is not at that speed...yet! She will have that under complete control in no time!
Love