We're Land-Locked, Anyway You Slice It
Interesting article found the other day:
"US States Renamed For Countries With Similar GDPs"
You can read it for yourself, or I'll describe it here. The article shows a map of the US of A, with each state labeled as a different country with the closest-matching economy. Wow.
And, so, ...I wondered if a state and its economy got compared to the Czech Republic.
Yes ...Nebraska? I would joke that's where the similarity ends, but the same could be said for all 50 states. (Yes, there are only 50 states - you know who you are.)
If you want to compare numbers, from state to state, click here for their source.
If the above map not having state names bothers you, try this puzzle to test your US of A geography. I found it tough, but fun. First (and only) try gave me this 'score'. I'm thinking Dave, Jeff & Dennis will have this beat easily.There's no comfort in being without waterfront property in Prague, Czech Republic or Prague, "Nebraska." For the meantime, next week we'll have Split, Croatia.
Off to bed. Cheers, -Jeff
11 July 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Saudi Arabia & Tennessee?!?!? Their must be a lot of "black gold" in those hills.
Barely beat you, 84.31. It isn't fair when Rhode Island, North Dakota, and Arkansas come up early! Back to it again, again, and again.
There we go, 92.15, 47 out of 51. I throw the gauntlet down to Jeff and DJack.
Post a Comment