TIME FLIES WHEN YOU'RE HAVING FUN!
And that's definitely what we've been doing! Can't believe we haven't posted basically since Auntie Erin arrived...but I guess that goes to show that we are having one heck of a time over here! So...what have we been up to?
Well...Erin's seen ALOT of Prague. Not EVERYTHING we have to show off; we saved some for her next visit with Michael...but she's seen the big attractions and quite a few of the lesser-known ones, too.
Erin and I have toured Dresden. We went last weekend, leaving Saturday morning and returning Sunday evening. A remarkable city...so much history and yet so new. As you likely know, Dresden was completely obliterated during World War II and is STILL being rebuilt. They are reconstructing the buildings as the originals were constructed, often with the very stones they uncovered from the rubble. So, they are maintaining the historical integrity and beauty of the city but the buildings are, in fact, brand new!
We've spent time just being together and having fun! Ella has really enjoyed having her Auntie around. And so have Jeff and I....and my friends! Erin hosted a Mary Kay spa night for us moms that was a real treat. And she helped celebrate my friend, Judy's, 30th birthday with margaritas at a local Mexican restaurant. WOOHOO!
We've gone wedding dress shopping!...AND ERIN BOUGHT A DRESS!!!!! This has been a real thrill for me since I am too far away to feel much help with the wedding preparations. I'm not going to say anything else and definitely NO PHOTOS!
So very early Saturday morning we'll be saying our sad goodbyes to Auntie Erin...at least this time we know we'll be seeing her in 9 months versus 15. And of course, there's always another visitor to look forward to. We'll be welcoming Eric before we know it!
Maylia
18 October 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment