Wish this was a more festive entry, but...
Jeff, Mom, and I took Ella to the hospital around 3:30 this morning. We had taken her to the doctor Thursday morning and she was diagnosed with bronchitis. But last night she seemed to be getting much worse. After checking the oxygen level in her blood and looking at an x-ray of her chest, she was admitted to the hospital early this morning with a lung infection in her right lung (lobar pneumonia, I think). We believe she'll be there for 3 or 4 days.
So, it's been a very long day. Ella is such a trooper. Amazing, really. The hospital staff have done their best to be accommodating but the language barrier is challenging...and children's wards at hospitals are just not jolly places. They certainly always remind you that "it could be worse."
Not really much else to say at this point. Pretty worn out physically and emotionally. I figured I'd be spending a lot of time in the hospital right about now, but I never figured this would be the reason! We'll be tracking down the doctor tomorrow to get the news on her blood work and get some other questions answered. For now, I need to get some sleep. Only one of us is able to stay overnight with Ella, and so I've come home after helping Jeff put her to bed. (Am I babbling?)
We will try to update the blog each day to keep you all informed. Mom and I will be heading over there first thing in the morning.
Hope this finds you healthy and happy,
Maylia
29 December 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Here's hoping and wishing for a speedy recovery!
Thanks for the well wishes, Jeff -- it seemed to have worked. :)
Time to write the next entry.
-j
Post a Comment