We're in the Kadastr. It's official!!
It's official - we own our place. :)
Yeah, we first saw the flat and negotiated for it over 1 year ago.
It took nearly a year to move in.
And now, as of yesterday, we're filed in the Land Registry (Kadastr) as owners.
When it comes to owning your own place here, the final step (and nearly the only official one) is getting listed in the Land Registry. But I suppose it's like that anywhere.
Outside of Prague, the process takes days. In Prague, it's known to take several months. Until it happens, there's room for legal issues. Our Kadastr filing was late October, so it took just 3 months ..."not bad!" as one coworker said.
Check it out, here we are:
http://nahlizenidokn.cuzk.cz/ZobrazObjekt.aspx?typobjektu=jednotka&id=1071278101
Update: For techie reasons, the above Czech website may not appear the same as how we see it. Some Czech letters may not appear correctly.
If you wish to get there from the Registry homepage, I'll write out how I got there.
1. Go the Land Registry website:
http://nahlizenidokn.cuzk.cz/
2. Choose "Parcela" (parceled land) on left margin
3. Type in "Bubenec" (our neighborhood is Bubeneč). Hit enter.
4. Then below, fill in our lot numbers: 624 / 1. Hit enter again.
If you're getting the error "Zadaná parcela nebyla nalezena !", be sure "624" is in the left box and "1" in the right.
5. There we are - part owners of lot 624
Individual Flat Listing
1. If you want to see our individual listing (the first website address above), now click on the link "Budova na parcele: č.p. 939"
2. Then click on 939 / 10 (that's flat number 10 of building 939).
3. There we are - sole owners of our place (thankfully) :)
07 February 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Umm, congratulations! To be honest though, with the only English on the page being your names, it is just as possible that I was seeing the Interpol list of fugitives as I was seeing land ownership. Interesting how they document ownership as of September 2nd :) Or parole date.
By the way, I have been biting my tongue for a while now. Ron Paul is a nut job!
(That is the comment deleted by the author above)
hey there Jeff K,
Glad to hear you couldn't decipher it too closely (plus, you may have missed us on "Interpol's Most Wanted").
But that date wasn't September 2nd, it was February 9th - the date you viewed the page.
Difference being "9.2" versus "2.9"
:)
I guess it is not much of a joke if both you and Michelle feel the need to explain about the backwards date. Nobody understands me. I feel so alone. Oh, that is more appropriate for the other blog.
Post a Comment