Friday ...again. Going home again.
Jeff here. May has zero time to write on here, so it's my turn again.
Jeff here. May has zero time to write on here, so it's my turn again.
Suffice to say, I'm excited to see May and the kids. We keep in touch through texting (SMS) a few times a day and talk on the phone a few times a week. When we do talk on the phone, Ella usually hogs the call. Each time, it surprises me how well she can carry on a conversation, answering any question like she's had plenty of time to mull over her answer. What a cutie. Sometimes, though, maybe from holding the phone so tight to her cheek, she .... [click]
So I call back and we go again. It's all fun.
Earlier this week I took the U-bahn (underground metro) the 2 stops to a central Bonn stop Universitat Markt. Shameful, but it was my first time touring since arriving a month ago. I don't have a camera with me, so I'll steal a couple pictures from the web.
Earlier this week I took the U-bahn (underground metro) the 2 stops to a central Bonn stop Universitat Markt. Shameful, but it was my first time touring since arriving a month ago. I don't have a camera with me, so I'll steal a couple pictures from the web.
What I saw when I got out of the metro train... 

Here's what I saw a minute later...
Here's where Bonn is in Germany.

Overview of Bonn 'skyline' (taller building is Deutsche Post/DHL Headquarters, with UN bldg left of it)

Here's the Mormon Tabernacle...
All in all, Bonn's a pretty city. Interesting contrast of buildings, okay system of public transport, beautiful river Rhine/Rhein. I haven't seen much but May will...
May & kids coming!
Sure, I have no camera now, but no problem - May will bring the camera with her.
Yup, she and the kids are coming next Friday. We figure it's a chance for Maylia to get out of Prague. She'll quickly tell you she's not left even the city since October! The flat here is much smaller than our place, so it will be an interesting time; here's hoping for good weather. They stay for 10 days; I'll finally come home at the end of June. After just 2 more weeks - Michelle comes for a short visit before they all fly to North America. Wow - summer is here!
No comments:
Post a Comment