03 October 2008

Watched The VP Debates

The most hyped debates in ...well, at least 4 years. :) Jeff had to watch them.

Watching them (streaming on NY Times' website) meant Jeff got up at 2:45 this morning (yes, 2:45 AM) to watch the debates from 3:00-4:30.
Thankfully, Maylia convinced him at 5 to come back to bed for a bit of sleep. [thank you, honey]

Was it worth it? Yes.
Looking forward to the 2 other VP debates? Yes.
Did Ella go to bed an hour earlier the night before? Yes.

Eric sent me a link to a documentary about debates. It's fun to watch.
http://www.pbs.org/newshour/debatingourdestiny/

Great clips from debates since 1976, such as...

  • "Governor, there you go again."
  • "I served with Jack Kennedy. I knew Jack Kennedy. Jack Kennedy was a friend of mine. Senator, you're no Jack Kennedy."
  • "I will not make age an issue for this campaign. I will not exploit, for political purposes, my opponent's youth and inexperience." (hint: speaking about Mondale!)
  • "Are there personal differences? Well, my blood pressure's lower, my weight, my cholesterol. But I will not make health an issue in this campaign."
  • "The man's practicing fuzzy math again."
If you need any reminder who said what, check out the documentary.

2 comments:

Jeff K said...

Sorry to break the news to you, but there aren't any other VP debates. The 2 remaining debates are for P. Watch them as you must and tell me how they go.

Jeff said...

Feeling crushed...