Visa Fee Free (But Not Guaranteed)
Rather news to locals here is that Czech Republic got (finally) included into the US's Visa Waiver program. The Visa Waiver program means the visitor no longer needs to apply for permission to visit the US (officially a "visa") at the local US embassy. Nope, now the visitor can apply for permission to visit the US on the official DHS website. (If you click on the Apply link, try not to get itimidated by the scary Dept of HomeLand Security warning pop-up)
I'll post here, so you don't have to click "OK", okay?
What may be bigger news is the fee waiver. Before, it would cost 2000 koruna (~$100). Now, applying is free. Again, it doesn't guarantee entry, but at least now there's no loss in trying.
And kudos to Jeff K for following US-Czech news so closely as to notice I hadn't mentioned this earlier! ;)
1 comment:
I expect to see many a Czech roaming around NH with an extra $100 in their pocket to buy me a drink.
Post a Comment