07 May 2009

GREECE LIGHTNING

Actually, there was only lightning on our last day during the trip to the airport, but I couldn't resist!

We're just back from a super visit with Swedish friends that we met in Prague who now live in Kifissia, just north of Athens. (I also couldn't resist writing that out!)

While away, we missed singing to two birthday boys....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BUD/LARRY/GRAMPY!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, OWEN!

The day we arrived - As you can see, the kids wasted no time getting reacquainted.


As part of our trip into Athens on Day 2, we saw the changing of the guard at the Parliament Building. (They wear really funny shoes - but please don't tell him I said that!)


On Day 3, we took our first day trip, including driving through beautiful countryside covered in wildflowers, a ferry ride, a yummy meal, and a swim! This photo is taken in Eretria on the island of Euboea. (Annika - correct me if I'm wrong!)


On Day 4, we did a shorter day trip to Glyfada, with more swimming...


...And icecream! The whole crew, from left to right: Mattias, Maylia, Jeff, Ella, Annika, Linnea, Ingvar, and Victor.


On Day 5, we took it easy. We visited with this little fella...


And no matter where you are, when you're with kids, you have to make time for playgrounds.


You can't go to Greece without experiencing the delicious food, which we had plenty of (Thank You, Annika!), including this meal at a classic Greek taverna in Plaka, Athens. (Day 6)


Of course we visited the Acropolis...


And we also walked through Ancient Agora.

But, all good times come to an end and so we had to say goodbye...


* * *

Now we're on our way to the airport to say "HELLO!" to SARITA AND CAESAR! WOOHOO!






3 comments:

Jeff K said...

Did I mention yet how stinking jealous we are of you four, for so many stinking reasons! Welcome back and enjoy some quality time with S&C.

Jeff K said...

Did I mention yet how stinking jealous we are of you four, for so many stinking reasons! Welcome back and enjoy some quality time with S&C.

Jeff K said...

hmmm. must be twice as jealous as I thought