Mattias: What? What's Wrong?
Parenting can be hard on the patience. Sometimes very hard.
Sometimes as parents we just need a break from it all.
So, we took one.
Mattias and Ella seemed to be playing nice together, so we figured no reason to rush them right to bath-time, right? After dinner, Maylia and I both went to bedroom, crashed on the bed and took a rest.
Sure, we heard some noises, some banging or whatever, but we were content that we didn't hear any crying from either of them. No crying, so all is well enough.
Then we realized we had been talking for a good 30 minutes, plus there were far fewer sounds coming from the living room. So, we finally come out...
We found Mattias and Ella each double-fisted with markers. Mattias was standing on top of one of their wooden chairs, next to Ella. Both coloring away at the living room wall.
Actually, Maylia and I were surprisingly low-key about it.
Sure, we emphasized how bad, how oh so bad an idea this was. But maybe the same half hour break that enabled the graffiti artists also was break enough to handle it with a super calm reaction. Maylia and I took turns walking away for the chance to laugh at how ridiculous our living room wall looks.
The cleaning crew went to work soon afterwards, with almost as much eagerness as the coloring. Still, one thing is clear - I will be painting the living room this summer, likely two coats.
3 comments:
OK -- I can't help but LAUGH MY BUTT off at that picture of Mattias. It truly is priceless. Well, I guess those two kept themselves busy at least!
Wow that really is as bad as you said :) I'm glad you were able to laugh about it.
I can not believe how much Mattias has grown into a little man! It may be easier for me to get past the vandalism and focus on HOW MUCH YOUR CHILDREN HAVE GROWN!
Post a Comment