24 July 2009

Keeping Busy, but Not Too Busy

Clearly, between me and Maylia, only one of us is on vacation. And it ain't her.


Maylia has her hands full. May's mom has been in Halifax helping May's sister, Erin with baby Ben, so Maylia has her own full day with two kids. May's dad stays busy with community projects and goings-on.
Finally, since yesterday, Maylia and her mom switched places. Ella and Mattias are now with their Yaya, while Maylia gets some quality time with Ben (& Erin & Michael).

I, on the other hand, only dream of rallying the kids for breakfast or readying them for bed.
Bachelorhood is a tough & lonely life, but I'm getting the hang of it.

Last weekend, I was invited to a friend's birthday party. Dinner was pleasant, but dancing until sunrise was grueling fun.
This weekend, I'm spending tonight and tomorrow night at a coworker's house outside of Prague. A large group will help us celebrate a summer party which a coworker and I have been planning for months.
And as a bachelor I find I'm even losing weight. Not because of any exercise, of course. I'm just not eating big meals. Making meals is too much a bother anyway, so long as there's corn flakes. If milk only came in containers larger than a liter, I'd be all set.

This past week, between these tough weekends, I took a little vacation to get away from the snap, crackle, pop of Prague. I only told my managers (work and wife) and very few friends, so my vacation was quick and quiet. I'll post a teaser video here...



I'm going to start thinking about painting the flat next week, though. I'm really strongly considering it. So close.


1 comment:

Jeff K said...

Corn flakes? I am impressed and my a bit shaken. Kind of like when your learn Kobe isn't a sweet as you always thought. Tell me with the kids gone, you sneak a little red candy in it. Lie if you have to. My vicarious life through your Lucky Charms and Capt Crunch must continue...