07 November 2009

Yes...Maylia REALLY Did Go To Lisbon...

And here's the proof! (I was thinking of sticking to the "what happens in Lisbon, stays in Lisbon"...but I guess I'll break down and share some of my trip with you.)







In summary, 4 nights and 3 days of amazingly fun times, long chats, dancing, sightseeing, relaxation, and yummy food with two of my favorite women in the whole world. No agenda. Just going where the day (or night) took us. What could be better? It was truly a "break" from my regular day-to-day life...and, I must admit, it was heavenly! Sleeping until noon, staying out until 3 and 4 in the morning. I was definitely Maylia and not "Mommy". Don't get me wrong, I adore my husband and my children, but everyone needs a vacation now and then. And this was it!

I can't end this post without highly recommending Lisbon (and most likely, Portugal) as a travel destination. Erin, Michelle and I were consistently wowed by the friendly service as well as the scenery.

1 comment:

Jeff K said...

Seeing the pictures and hearing of the trip it helps me remember why the two JeffLs agreed to suffer through our life for those 23 days you three were in Prague. Maybe it only seemed like 23. I can't speak for The Parkers in Prague, but I ran out of peanut butter.