28 March 2010

Running with Maylia

Yesterday Maylia ran the Prague half-marathon, cheered on by her 3 biggest fans.

I, as her husband, think she kicked butt. May's clock time was 2:07:10 with a chip time of 2:01:21
Nice job honey!!!

For us non-runners, "clock time" means starts when the race officially starts. And "chip time" starts as the runner crosses the starting line.
Since not all runners can cross the line at once, every runner gets a little radio chip to help scan them when they do.

LOT of runners! Was fewer than 3000 two years ago. Then ~4500 last year. Now, with 8500 it's popular!




The kids and daddy watched and cheered runners on. Their route let us catch Mommy twice, at 11km and just before the finish. In between waiting to spot Mommy, we played with balloons. It's amazing how much time you can kill playing with a couple balloons!




Here's May around 11km, sort of hidden behind someone...




And May crossing back over Manesuv bridge, just a minute before finishing. She's looking better than that guy.

4 comments:

Czechers said...

Running all by yourself and still cutting time from last year. Does that mean I slowed you down? Good job!

Marilyn Parker said...

Congratulations, May...looking good~!

Jeff K said...

Impressive! Nice job. I am guessing it wasn't a particularly flat course either.

Unknown said...

Excellent job Maylia!! Wish I was there to run with you :-)