09 July 2006

A sample of things I learned recently:

  • people bring their own bags to grocers; else, you pay a little extra
  • lightening can make the most beautiful gothic buildings even more beautiful
  • even if the subway ticket inspector looks like a bum, when he flashes his badge you had better respond with your ticket
  • If you're offered anything on Prague's Wenceslas Square on a Saturday night, "just say no"
  • every country has different tasting beer and Snickers; Czech has great beer, but Korea had the best Snickers
  • for me, when things are so different, I tend to long for the familiar and dependable (that's for Eric)
  • days end with exhaustion more when abroad than home, even if you were lazy
  • it's fun to order off the menu with no clue what you're getting...until you get it, then it might still be fun

2 comments:

IndianaParkers said...

You are being read .....with a great deal of interest. Sounds like you find it quite favorable; soon to be complete with the rest of your family. What could be better..Love, Indiana Parkers

Unknown said...

Glad that you finally got to meet a subway cop that looks like a bum. Makes me feel better that the bum that roused Michelle and I was official. Still can't understand how I was able to haggle my fine lower... Jeff K