15 July 2006

Ugh....2 more hours...
In Amsterdam, May & Ella have boarded their plane. It's another 90 minutes to here. I gave her as much detail as I could as far as what to expect at Schihol Airport, where to go/not to go, what to expect at the gate, etc... I'm sure the Manchester crew has helped at home, too.
All told, though, I can only imagine how tired she must be. Just a bit further now.
They'll arrive here (Saturday morning) at 8:30 am Manchester time (9:30 in Halifax/7:30 in Indiana)

It's gorgeous outside today. For the last two weeks, it's rained once -yesterday. From today until next weekend, the weatherman says it should be clear and sunny, so May's got that going for her (which is nice).

Went food shopping today at a place not far down the street. Hit a couple stumbling blocks that made me really wish I had studied harder in German (some 20 years ago). Seems to be a lot of German, especially on household goods, at least at one nearby place. Most everything else is in Czech, with occassional German or Russian, depending who's store you're in. Nearest Russian store happens to be street level, below our apartment.

Well, I'm heading out to the airport. Take care all, -j

No comments: