Big Leap of Parenthood
Before tonight, May and I entrusted Ella to friends and friends only. Tonight we are going out...and leaving Ella with a stranger.
Well, not a total stranger. We've known Vendula for 20 minutes now. Ella's known her for 15 minutes and she seems totally content.
For other big news, May's childhood friend, Jenn and her husband Courtney are here. Jenn & Courtney vacationed in Germany for a couple weeks and, seeing how we just moved here, they popped over to Prague, too! Our first visitors- Wow!!
So, the four of us are going out. Yes, we completely trust our one and only child with Vendula (we just keep repeating it to ourselves silently)
01 August 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
I guess calling home to check on Ella is a difficult task.
Well, this is a quick break in our silence...(May and I joked that we should fall silent for a week or two to stir people's curiosity).
Jeff K - we decided not to call Vendula and not to worry about Ella (unless in passing, we noticed our child on the news). Instead, Vendula 'texted' us over the phone that "Everything is ok,Ella is sleeping.Have a nice evening.Vendula"
That made our night.
Your frequent updates keep me checking this site each day. You fall silent and we may be forced to check other blogs with the chance that we won't return. The retail model.. Satisfy that customer base.
Jeff K - I think being semi-retired gives you the time to check this blog every day.
I take that as a compliment and words of encouragement :)
Doesn't that make me your most valuable "customer" ?
For this blog, the noisiest and most devoted reader is our most valued customer.
You, Jeff K, take it home. :)
hey- I meant to ask her...did Maylia get her next scavenger hunt pic yet?
I sent it. Wether she received it or not, you will have to ask.
Post a Comment