Like Watching the SuperBowl (or a Train Wreck)
Either way, it's damned exciting.
Of course, I'm talking neither about the SuperBowl nor a train wreck; I'm talking about the mid-term elections, if you'll pardon the metaphor.
("It's not a metaphor. It's a simile, to be precise." -extremely obscure movie quote)
Right Now (14:30 UTC 8/11/06) the vote count isn't final. And who controls the Senate is unknown.
Of the 2 chambers, the House is now decidedly Blue. The Senate is still undecided. The Reds had it, the Blues wanted it. The Blues needed to take 6 seats from the Reds.
So far, the Blues got 4 out of 6. That leaves 2 seats to go.
Even more gripping is the fact it's all about gaining the majority. But how many makes a majority? Depends on the color. For Blues, it's simple: they need those 2 seats. For Reds, however, it only takes 1 more seat. If the Reds keep so much as 1 of the 2 remaining seats up for grabs, all winnings thus far are for naught: Reds win.
If both available seats go Blue, Blues win.
For the Blues to win all 6 seats needed to take Senate control is...well, as Blue Senator Chuck Schumer ranks it: "It is like pulling a straight flush." Time will tell, but so far, it's looking like only a fraction of 1% of votes, in both undecided states (Virginia & Montana), is all that lies between a Red or Blue Senate. Yup, like I said, damned exciting.
Oh, and another 'contest': to whomever first correctly identifies the movie mentioned above, we'll send some Czech version of a doorprize. Good luck.
08 November 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Superbowl..Big Time. Indiana, historicaly red, held its breath and turned blue.
OK Damn it. TELL US! It's terrible having these smarty ass kids in the family.WE know the diff btwn sims and mets but --what movie?????
PS: Don't give it away on the blog. E-mail us.
TPUK
ON THE ELECTION:
We love America. IT is a democracy and later than sooner the American people do the right thing.
Let me tell you sometime of all the times I have seen this.
Still glad we're neighbours.
I'm back! House has kept me extremly busy!
BTW, has to be Fletch
Okay, the Senate race is long over, but the movie answer...finally, somebody speaks up-
Yes! It's "Fletch Lives" (the sequel and, in my opinion the better Fletch movie).
Good job, Jeff K! Expect an authentic but cheezy doorprize on your doorstep soon. :)
Yeah! I love cheezy and authentic. In return, I promise a long-lost treasure of yours recently uncovered...
Post a Comment