10 March 2007

THEY'RE HERE!!!!

YaYa and Baboo (what Ella calls my mom and dad) arrived Wednesday evening. We met them at the airport. I think for Ella it is like cartoon characters have come to life! She is so used to seeing them on the computer screen when we talk to them with the webcam...and here they are in real life!


I wanted to make sure they tasted the "ambience which is Prague" right away. (And no, I don't mean the beer this time.) So I dragged their tired bodies out to walk the Charles Bridge at night. I think it was worth it.


Thursday we took it easy in the morning. In the afternoon we walked to Wenceslas Square, visited the Franciscan Gardens and wound up at Old Town Square. It was a bit chilly so we had some svařak to warm up. (Remember svařak? That's Czech mulled wine. Yum!) I guess they liked it because we had some again today!

Yesterday (Friday) they attended Ella's music class. It was a gorgeous day so we went to the playground in Riegrovy Sady after that. Sometimes I had to take my jacket off because it was so warm outside! In the evening we visited the Žižkov TV Tower (see previous entries). This time we took the elevator up for a spectacular view of the city.


Today we met our realtor at our future flat so that Mom and Dad could see the place. (Looks like we'll be moving in September.) After that we had an excellent brunch at Fraktal, Ella's fave Prague eatery. We tried to burn it off with a walk through Letná Park to Prague Castle. Here are Mom and Dad, cups of svařak in hand, with one of the castle guards.


On top of all the sightseeing we've truly enjoyed the chance just be together and it's been really neat for Ella to spend some time with her YaYa and Baboo.


Happy Birthday, Aunt Bet!
Maylia

PS Had to add this sunset photo I took from our living room window earlier in the week.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Welcome Bill and Bev. Enjoy the family and the city!