13 November 2007

Got a New Washing Machine

Our old washing machine went kaputen. Had to get a new one.























Funny though, we noticed as the guy installed our new washer ... the dials go to 11. ???
Maylia and Czech guy had a brief talk about it (in Czech naturally), but I translated it for you here:


Czech Washer Guy: The numbers all go to eleven. Look, right across the board, eleven, eleven, eleven and...
Maylia: Oh, I see. And most washing machines go up to ten?
Czech Washer Guy: Exactly.
Maylia: Does that mean it's cleaner? Is it any cleaner?
Czech Washer Guy: Well, it's one cleaner, isn't it? It's not ten. You see, most blokes, you know, will be washing at ten. You're on ten here, all the way up, all the way up, all the way up, you're on ten on your washer. Where can you go from there? Where?
Maylia: I don't know.
Czech Washer Guy: Nowhere. Exactly. What we do is, if we need that extra push over the cliff, you know what we do?
Maylia: Put it up to eleven.
Czech Washer Guy: Eleven. Exactly. One cleaner.
Maylia: Why don't you just make ten cleaner and make ten be the top number and make that a little cleaner?
Czech Washer Guy: [pause] These go to eleven.

Note: If you didn't find that the least bit funny, try renting the movie This is Spinal Tap.

If you still don't find it funny...you have no soul.

Or you can just watch this segment.

3 comments:

Jeff K said...

Your translation is fantastic, and through no fault of your own except the written media you chose, you just can't do justice to the perfectly timed pause before "These go to 11"

Jeff said...

Have to say, ranks as one of most fun posts I've written.
Jeff K- I agree. The timing's just too good for words :)

Juliánna said...

this is fantastic. cracks me up.