TODAY WE WENT FOR A LONG WALK....HERE'S THE PHOTO EVIDENCE!!!!
The start (sort of) of our long walk. We are at the top of Wenceslas Square looking down away from the national museum. At one time this was a horse market. Note the funky looking sculpture - part of a temporary sculpture garden in the square....we actually saw it being set up the other day. We met our friend (and Jeff's coworker) Anna by the sculpture.
One view of the Old Town Square. There are many amazing sights to see here. This is only one glimpse. For more, book your flight!!!!
After lunch and icecream and some more roaming we parted ways with Anna for the "Parkers in Prague" had an important goal to acheive today...
Ella and I with the Vltava River and the Charles Bridge (our goal) in the background. You can also see the castle in the upper left. Jeff Klein knows all about Jeff not wanting to cross the Charles Bridge until he could cross it with Ella and me. Made for many a VERY long walk for those two when they were here apartment hunting. What can I say....Jeff is a hopeless romantic!
Jeff and Ella crossing a different bridge (not the Charles) with the National Theatre in the background. Those cables are for the trams....I haven't got up the nerve to ride those with Ella yet. You have to be fast and NO STROLLERS! (Same holds true for buses!)
Hmmm.... I had this completed with 2 more photos (plus witty commentary) and was just tidying it up a bit and lost the photos and text. Can't seem to fix it and it is late and frankly I am starting to get pretty cranky with this computer and this blog....so I am going to sign out and try to finish this up tomorrow. My apologies!!!!!!
Suffice it to say that we did make it to the bridge and it was outstanding.
Thinking of you all!
Maylia (& Jeff & Ella)
Happy birthday, Sandra!
23 July 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment